Monday 5 January 2015

Wild Beer Co, Ninkasi

Very much an occasion beer. Slight cidery (not sweet and crap kind but the sort of breton-y, funky apple thing) and overripe satsuma nose. The champagne style fizziness flattened out quite quickly. The taste was a new one on me - the combo of a definite saisoniness and some refreshers from the Kiwi hops was something I understood. However, coupled with the champagne/prosecco and some definite apple (not cider) elements (which were thankfully not at all intrusive - was worried to be honest), it definitely felt altogther like a separate genre of beer. It was fun to drink and to pick out the flavours (far too easily I might add - there was absolutely zero trace of the 9% abv) I wouldn't want to drink this too often but I would definitely feel better knowing I had some in the cupboard at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment