Saturday 24 October 2015

Burning Sky, Saison à la Provision

I've had most of the season-named saisons from Burning Sky as well as their pales and IPAs. Whilst awaiting their Cuvée (Saison à la Provision blended with imported Girardin lambic I believe?), this, their 'standard' (un-seasonal) saison is the only beer I've had from them that ostensibly encapsulates the blurb on their website about ageing, foudres and blending on their site. I missed the Flanders Red (not my style tbh) and unfortunately there were some carbonation issues with the vatted porter. I'm kind of anticiapting (and I'd really be excited about) a UK lambic or g(u)euze from them. I hope it's due soon....?

This saison is certainly great although I drank my second one with a bit of a cold. Some hop and sweat (feet) on the nose. Sweet to taste, yeasty. Possibly some mild brett. Sourness not in evidence (I drank this after a gueuze). Bitter finish with slight alcohol. I will go back to this beer, but it is expensive. 750ml would be nice. (I missed the Anniversaire edition of this. Bah.) I have a soft spot for this brewery, even if, on balance, their output hasn't been as consistent as some others. The wallonian/sennian rhetoric and imagery on the site makes alot of sense when transposed to the South Downs and I'm eagerly awaiting (what I hope will be - I hope I haven't got this wrong!) the first, finished results of their ageing of some locally spontaneously fermented beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment