Monday 22 April 2013

Moor, Illusion

Yet another truly world class beer from Justin Hawke at Moor. I'm trying to collate my recent BIPA tastes into a sort of series with this latest batch of blog posts, and whilst I would say that they're all excellent, I could easily say that this one is certainly one I'll go back to time and again.

My friend and I sampled this on draft at the excellent Holborn Whippet and I had this bottled version not too long afterwards (bought from the independently run Good Taste in Palace). Unbelievable tropical nose of the neck off the bottle, decent carbonation and a virtually seamless flow from the IPA tropicality into the malty chewiness (not so much of a coffee, more a like one of those malted biscuits with the cows on that might have been a little over-cooked in production?).

A blessed lightness of touch throughout, makes this beer, as it says on the bottle, a splendid session BIPA. The direct comparison would be with the Conqueror, but personally, I think this trumps it in most categories. So easy to drink the while bottle of this - a massively recommended drink. BIPAs are rapidly becoming my favourite type of ale and this particular one is possibly contending for the pick of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment