Friday 19 April 2013

Wild Beer Company, Fresh

I drank this Fresh from the Wild Beer Co almost a month ago, and have since had a half of this on draft at Craft Beer Co Brixton which I think has coloured my perception of this beer slightly. (I suppose it should be mentioned that I had the half at the end of a relatively substantial 'pub crawl' so my enjoyment my not have quite been the same had I had it at the beginning of the evening....)

I quite liked the Madness IPA, but unfortunately, I don't think this beer is my cup of tea (beer). All the elements are there, but something didn't quite gel for me. Can't for the life of me tell you the reason though - was it in fact the freshness element that was throwing me off? Usually that's a good thing right? Piney and grassy, an almost imperceptible fruitiness was overcome by the massive pine flavour. Crisp and clearly fresh on the palette, big stinging on my gums. According to the code on the bottle, this drink was prepared with Pacific Jade whole cone hops in the kettle, and then a Centennial dry hop. I had chicken + chips with Encona hot sauce for my tea before drinking this. Maybe the encona affected this? Will definitely try another one when the next batch materializes.

No comments:

Post a Comment