Sunday 8 September 2013

Hitachino Nest, Red Rice

This poured a definite pink! I hate this phrase but: it was certainly a complex beer. I almost feel slightly embarrassed to drink clever beers like these as sometimes suspect I might not be experienced enough to be 'worthy' enough of appreciating them fully.... Whatever, I can categorically say that I enjoyed drinking this! It was fizzy like a lager (foamy fizz à la Belgian beer?) with a coating mouth feel and a decent body. Floral at the edges with some sweeter notes - marshmallow? Definite bitterness after sips. A friend of mine sent me some cherry blossom tea (vacuum sealed blossoms) from Tokyo and they brewed the most fantastic cups of tea that I think I've ever had - it's a predictable cliché, but did I taste some of cherry blossom in this beer? This beautiful beer from Hitachino Nest was imported by James Clay who seems to be pretty good at getting decent beers widely available (Goose Island in particular) so hopefully we'll see this beer more widely available soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment