Tuesday 31 December 2013

Beavertown, Bloody 'Ell IPA

This IPA from Beavertown came out to a bit of a fanfare earlier this year. I first tried it at the London's Brewing festival back in May. There, it was simply incredible - thick, very fresh tasting and unbelievably citrusy. The bottle wasn't quite as good - all the elements where there, the massive über-citrus kick, the solid body, but they were accompanied by some harsh, yeasty burning type effect which kind of ruined it for me. I did take care to pour, but to my mind the kegged version was just so much better, so I cam away a little deflated and disappointed. (Disclaimer: at the time of trying the kegged version, I was rather drunk...things may have seemed to me a little different to me in that state of mind than they might have otherwise....!)

No comments:

Post a Comment