Saturday 4 January 2014

Partizan, Christmas Stout

My one and only Christmas beer this one from Partizan, a barrel aged strong stout with brettanomyces. My wittily succinct untappd description was "mulled wine and marmite", to which I can't add too much more I'm afraid: burgundy pour, ribena nose (with a marmite edge), taste was spicy mulled wine with a pretty sour edge to it. Minor contribution from the stout only (minimal burnt malts and tar). I kind of knew what I was getting into with this one but nonetheless couldn't really enjoy it for what it was. To make matters worse, I'd caught a particularly nasty bug at some point during the day (visit to The Unicorn for a kid's production probably did it) and I saw the contents of the bottle once more at about 5am, so my memories of this drink are almost certainly tainted somewhat. Think I'll drink my bretts in their more traditional beer-homes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment