Saturday 8 February 2014

Red Hook, Long Hammer IPA

Ubiquitous (at least on tap) IPA from Red Hook. There seem to be a spate of these bottles about. I bought mine on reccommendation from Simon at CAMRGB. He describes it as "really good". I can't quite agree with him 100% on that, but I did enjoy this more than the Fourpure. Rainwater nose and an easy drinking IPA that to my mind is loads better than similar offerings from Sierra Nevada. A pleasing recurring bitterness that seemed to return long after the sip. No stand out flavours, but a nice sense of a good overall IPA. I understand Red Hook have been in the game for over 30 years? Makes my 'review' seem just a touch frivolous and inconsequential...! I won't pass this up on tap again, a cheeky half I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment