Sunday 16 February 2014

London Fields Brewery, Black Frost Stout

I'll admit it: I'm a sucker for gratuitous presentation. I slaver over limited editions - fancy packaging definitely makes a beer taste better. So up yours. ;p

I first drank this at London's Brewing, but only once I'd passed the point of not actually fully appreciating what was in my glass. I don't have notes for this, so probably a solid enough, if not particularly memorable stout.

I don't drink much London Fields, not sure why. The wife and I used to drink a bit of their Hackney Hopster on tap (at the Paxton) in the sun (remember that?) last summer and that was great, refreshing but not too light or watery. But that's about it. I remember not being too blown away by their IPAs so I think I got turned off somewhat (especially when it was just as easy to pick up beers much more to my taste from Redchurch and Kernel). Having said that, I drank their Bootlegger Chocolate Porter the other day and it was very good indeed. In fact, I liked it so much that I will certainly get another, which, I suppose, is lately a rare occurrence considering how much there is on offer nowadays.

1 comment:

  1. I did get another bootlegger chocolate porter. I will drink it tonight.

    ReplyDelete