Saturday 15 March 2014

Feral Brewing Co, Sly Fox

My little bro recently came back from Oz (after emigrating to Melbourne), accompanying his wife back for her PhD viva (she passed - Dr. Veldsman!) and to meet our new neice. He brought me back 3 little rippers in return for a Lord Smog Almighty. Cheers Kon!

I wonder how many ales/beers there are out there called Sly Fox? More than a few I reckon. I suspect that this one wouldn't stand out too much amongst them though. Brewed by Western Ausralia's Feral Brewing, this seems to be a golden ale (not listed on their website, which is odd), with a mild hop thing going on, a mild colour and a mild to almost non-existent aroma. Not much taste here, possibly some honey flavour (in the malts I suspect). Drinkable, but contrary to their slogan, ultimately a bit boaring I'm afraid. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment