Saturday 15 March 2014

Boatrocker, Hop Bomb

2nd in a triplet of Australian beer write-ups, c/o Kon. Beginning to think that the Ozzies aren't the most creative when it come to naming beers. I reckon Sly Fox has been done a few times and I'm almost certain that 'Hop Bomb' has been used before...

Anyway, this beer is Melbourne brewery Boatrocker's IPA. Malty (cereal, bread etc) aromas off the bottleneck and maybe a bit of lemon. It was a drink of 2 halves. Mostly the first half was sweet, almost honeyed malts, then a big, big bitterness waded in. Nothing original here as such, but I liked it. Not dissimilar to a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (on keg, not bottle) I think. My bro lives in Melbourne currently and gets to drink their stuff fresh on tap, bit jealous of that really.

No comments:

Post a Comment