Wednesday 14 May 2014

Schneider Weisse, Tap 5 Meine Hopfen Weisse

My first weissbier for absolutely ages (my last one being something a bit rubbish and commercial like a Hoegaarden or something). This one was very good! Very sweet, cloves etc, the hops merged well. Very morish! High carbonation typical of the style, citrus nose (orange and pineapple*), orange squash on the belches, no trace of alcohol. Drank it out of my pilfered Pilsner Urquell embossed stein of course. A pint at 8.2% though...phew. (Think I got a couple of these in the end.)

*For my sins, I can only ever discern orange and/or pineapple in those tropically hoppy IPAs. Passion fruit, mango, guava, peach, apricot - forget it. If it tastes and/or smells tropical, for me it's only ever gonna be orange and pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment