Saturday 23 February 2013

Beavertown, Black Betty

I've had three bottles of Black Betty from Beavertown this past month: my first was more hoppy/citrusy (had after a long evening of other beers), my second was had by itself and was where I got the malty flavours (coffee and possibly blackcurrant?) much more than anything else (maybe some citrus in the finish). The third was at Powderkeg Diplomacy (after a few other beers) - this one seemed low on coffee malts and high on the citrus. I get the feeling that this difference in taste says less about the beer than it does about how easily influenced my palette can be. One thing that isn't in dispute is that Black Betty has been no less than 100% satisfying each time I've had it. I love it and will go back to it time and again. Love the new Beavertown website - great graphics/branding and glad the core range has increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment