Tuesday 19 February 2013

Thornbridge, Halcyon

No tasting notes for this Imperial IPA from Thornbridge - bloggers/writers a great deal more experienced than myself have written much on this beer already, most of which I agree with. Fat citrus nose, full bodied West Coast IPA taste, long bitter finish. Alot 'cleaner' than other UK brewed West Coast IPA efforts (not necessarily a positive for me personally). Genre nit-picking is a downer I know (I only really bring it up for lack of copy on this one), but I wouldn't have called this an Imperial IPA myself, although I suppose in the Thornbridge context (i.e. Chiron, Jaipur then this) it's the 'correct' category for this beer. Thornbridge are ace - I used to pick up Jaipur ages ago from Waitrose and drank loads of them. It'd be great if they stocked this too.

Ps - Thornbridge collaboration ale with Sierra Nevada sounds exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment