Saturday 2 February 2013

Brewdog, Dead Pony Club

I'm a big fan of beers that have a lot of flavour but a low alcohol content - they enable me to have a delicious drink and to have the confidence that I'm well under my daily recommended allowance of alcohol (whatever that is). (Such beers make you wonder about what on Earth people like Carling and Fosters are bothering to do when Brewdog, Kernel and Magic Rock can make ales that are well under 4% abv which sometimes excel their stronger compatriots in terms of flavour.) This US style pale ale by Brewdog has a fat nose of refreshers, thoroughly carbonated but not a great deal of head. The initial bitterness didn't really last long unfortunately. These are now available in my local Sainsburys at a pretty decent £1.69. Although the Punk IPA sells more it seems (that part of the shelf is nearly always empty), I definitely prefer the (seemingly) more intense US inspired flavour of the Dead Pony Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment