Tuesday 19 March 2013

Meantime, India Pale Ale

This Meantime India Pale Ale is quite deliberately (I assume) not an "IPA" - it's definitely an "India Pale Ale" in the non-west coast sense. Savage cold prohibited proper discernment of the nose on this. Very bitter indeed, fat hoppy/grassy flavour, abv noticeable ever so slightly on alternating sips. Bog standard pasta and tomato sauce on the palette (I tend to drink my beers after dinner rather than with). I really did enjoy drinking the whole 750ml to myself, but I couldn't bring myself to say that this stood out for me. It wasn't bad at all, quite the opposite in fact, just not memorable. Mitigatingly, this bottle had been on my shelf for ages so had probably lost a bit over that time. The measurements on the side were in fluid ounces and it had that container deposit info on the back so I'm guessing this bottle was destined for the States. For some reason, it ended up on the shelf in Waitrose where I picked it up for a discounted price (another fact to suggest it wasn't so fresh even before I bought it) of well under a fiver. There was a black and grainy sediment in this that I'm not familiar with in beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment