Thursday 21 March 2013

Red Willow, Smokeless

Bit of a disappointment this. After the promising BBQ nose, my Smokeless from Red Willow was utterly flat - no carbonation whatsoever. I wanted a bit of fizz to this porter and not getting it kind of dampened my enjoyment of this drink. Was it meant to be flat? If so, I guess I prefer my porters a bit fizzy. I'm not experienced with porters, having only really tried a Beavertown and the Kernel Cacao. I had the Teleporter from Summer Wines on keg at Westow House which had a slight carbonated edge to it. I guess if I drank this on cask the flatness wouldn't have thrown me so much, but coming like this from a bottle, I just got upset. I'll get another one to double check though as that BBQ essence was great.

Ps - I love the Red Willow branding - very distinctive and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment